Saturday, July 9, 2011

Knotting....and Procrastinating....

So I learned how to knot last night.  Without a special tool or anything!  It was kind of fun, actually.  I had these heavy-looking blue adventurine beads that I couldn't think how to string up until I remembered the article on knotting in the latest Stringing magazine.  So I knotted one strand of the beads and paired it with two kinds of copper chain with a clasp in the front.  Wasn't too sure about the copper, so I dug out some antique brass chain I forgot I had and used that instead.  Much better.  I wore it to work today, though, with the copper chain and all. 

I was bound and determind to knot something else tonight, but my only problem is not having enough beads in matching colors with holes big enough for the leather cord.  I'll probably have to learn how to knot thread now too....that sounds much less exciting.  That being said, I am starting to panic a little bit about the craft show being NEXT WEEKEND.  And I still don't have a table.  Or a chair for that matter.  Oh, well.  I'll get it together somehow; not much I can do about it right this minute so why stress about it? 

Sale still going on till tomorrow night at my Etsy Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment