Friday, June 15, 2012

A Long Process

Well, here's what I've been doing for the past couple of days...  I got the idea sometime Monday that I really needed to clean my room.  It was...well, a mess.  I pretty much got everything put away Monday.  But then I decided I needed to organize my bead stuff.  Yeah, about that.  I have been sorting, organizing, compiling, and throwing away since Monday afternoon.  Granted, I haven't been doing it for eight hours a day every day, but it's been a long process, and I think my spine gave out around Tuesday night.

Wednesday we went into town and my mom tells me she's got some kind of Michael's gift card, but she doesn't know how much is on it.  She waits to mention this, of course, until I was asking her if we should look at Michael's or Target for storage stuff.  Though in retrospect, if she had told me about it earlier, I probably would've spent it on beads.  I ended up getting 1 32 compartment container, one organizer with little circle containers like for seed beads that had 24 containers, a 2 pack of containers with eight dividers each, which kind of put me out for a moment because I wanted to fill both containers with compartments at the smallest divisions (I have a lot of small quantities of beads/components).  But I managed to get them set up in a more or less satisfactory manner.  I also got a 2 pack of little magnetic circular containers with four compartments each.  I am happy to say that I had space left over.  Of course, if I'd really separated everything, I wouldn't have had enough space, but it's good for now.

I also decided I needed a better system for storing jewelry.  My finished pieces are in the process of getting cleaned (by me), and then they're being stored in the nice little airtight spaces I had left over for now.  The plan after that is to get the pieces I've photographed edited and ready to list, and then set up a better system for once I've completed a piece.  I tend to make a lot of things at once, and then not want to take pictures, edit, etc because it takes forever at that point.  So, I'm pretty much not making anything new until I get everything listed that I've made so far.  Whew.  It's gonna be awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment