Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be Inspired blog hop

Okay, so I got tagged by Matt Sloan, aka @falcon_feathers, for another 10 question cross-examination (jk).  Here goes...



 Rules:

1. Answer ten questions
2. Tag five other writers, link to them in your post so we can hop over and see their answers too.

The Questions:

1. What is the name of your book:

Currently? Leaning Into A Left Hook, though I'll probably change it.

2. Where did the idea for your book come from?

Spin-off of my major character’s friend when I got tired of writing about the major character. 

3. In what genre would you classify your book?

Adventure/Romance

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?

Hmm, maybe Mischa Barton or Alexis Bledel as Eva, though the dark hair/light eyes combination doesn’t have to be natural. Though I just saw Jemima West with dark hair for the Mortal Instruments series. She'd make a better Keeley (the main character before the spinoff), though, with blonde hair.

5. Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book:

Young military wife is thrust into a downward spiral until she’s offered a job for a very unusual-- and secretive-- company.

6. Is your book already published/represented?

Pssh, no.

7. How long did it take to write your book?

I’m technically still editing (majorly—and when I have time), but I did the rough skeleton of it during NaNoWriMo last year (that’s a month).

8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?

Ted Dekker’s always been one of my favorite authors, though his protagonists are male and mine are—not. Possibly with his book Saint. Or Dee Henderson’s The Negotiator.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?

Ummm…. Most likely the above mentioned, though this was a spinoff from my WIP.

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.

It’s got a couple women doing the name-taking and doing it better than the boys. ;)

Tags: (sorry if I repeated anybody, I didn't bother to check!)

Anna Meade (@ruanna3)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting...makes me want to know why the secrecy at her new company?
    Thanks for the tag, you can find mine here... http://thelastkrystallos.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/be-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete