Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Plans

I'm ignoring the fact I haven't updated this in forever.  Really, I am.  So, here's what I've been doing....

I FINALLY got my mom's necklace for Christmas finished maybe the week of Christmas.  I found these topaz-y flowery connectors at Michael's and fell in love with them.  So I picked out some brown facted rounds with gold around the edges and a smaller version in a more rice pellet shape.  Then I strung two strands of the larger rounds on the lower half of the connectors (and typing this is making it sound MUCH easier than it was--took me two or three tries to get the length right!).  I had orignially intended to use one strand of both sizes for the top and bottom strands, but I like the larger better.  for the top of the connectors, first I strung four little rice beads on each side and then crimped it so it looked like a little triangle.  Then I just strung it as usual until it was somewhere between 18-20 inches total length.  I believe that part took me two tries because I made it too short....and I forgot to take pictures so you'll just have to use your imagination!

I decided I wanted a more beachy themed necklace too, because I had beads left over from my sister's necklace (which didn't take me NEARLY as long).  It had a silver hoop connector with a strand of blue pearls and a strand of bluish rounds and tan mother of pearl-ish shell beads.  These went over to a flying bird connector with a regular silver chain to finish it off.  I didn't have a present for my grandmother yet, so I gave her that for Christmas.  My aunt was very jealous.  :D  I'm making another one for myself because I liked it so much, but it's a much different version because I'm running out of those beads.  And I have to go restring it because I crimped it wrong....blegh....

I also went and completely rephotographed every piece of jewelry I have for sale in my Etsy shop.  It looks SO much better now, and I posted some new pieces of jewelry!

I promise to try to keep this up more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment