Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Typing machine....

I feel like a typing machine this semester.  Kind of glad, in a way, that I haven't been able to find a part-time job, because honestly, I have been flooded with classwork/homework/papers since the semester started.

So far, for my Shakespeare class alone, I've turned in two papers, read two and a half plays (we're on Henry IV, Part 1 now) with daily reading quizzes, memorized one 30-something line speech, and participated in two staged readings.  There's a good reason for not having a midterm or final.  One of those papers had to be over 1800 words and was due today. I feel like a boss this week.

For my Phonetics/Phonology/Morphology class, I haven't really had a lot of papers, or particularly difficult homework, but I have had a lot of homework.  It's hard to keep up sometimes because the professor covers the material so quickly, but I at least manage to take decent notes.  We've got our second exam Friday, and this one I'm a bit nervous about. *gulp*

My advanced fiction writing class is a lot of fun, but there's a lot of writing (duh) that has to be done-- not just when it's my week to turn in a story.  Which was this week, btdubs. 2k minimum requirement.  I miss NaNoWriMo.  It put things into such perspective.  Anyways, the bulk of the writing is commenting on other people's stories, which isn't really too bad.  I feel like I'm running out of ideas for plots, though.

History of English is a lot of fun, although the text could really use an update.  The information in it is fascinating, but it's not presented that way by a long shot.  I have a test in there tomorrow, but I'm not too too worried about it.  I'll look at some notes tonight and tomorrow morning and I should be fine.

French IV is getting to the fun stuff as far as vocabulary goes-- we're learning how to discuss emotions, favorite TV shows/movies, make suggestions. I totally rocked my exam from last week. *fistpump*

I'm really liking my English Professional Seminar class, too.  We're starting to have speakers come visit (free pens!!) and I feel like it's really helping me prepare for The Job Search coming after I graduate.  Especially all the links on our Career Center webpage.  Lots of reports to write, though.

That's the basic rundown of what my life has been like this semester.  I've had time to make some jewelry, and I'll start posting it eventually.  Possibly tonight if I can get some decent lighting.  I've found lots of inspiration from ABC's Once Upon A Time, which had its second season premiere this past Sunday.  LOVE that all of my shows are back!!

Show lineup:
Once Upon A Time
The Mentalist
Castle
Criminal Minds
AND, once it starts, The Vampire Diaries

I'll try and get some DWTS in there somehow.  I also watch a lot of TV on Netflix-- Doctor Who is my absolute favorite right now, and I've just GOT to get ahold of the new season.  TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment