Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNo: Day 1

Well, we're nearing the end of Day 1 of NaNoWriMo, and I'm starting to not freak out as much as I was earlier this week.  Last year, my strategy was just writewritewritewrite, and I had schoolwork at the same time, but the enormity of writing 50,000 words only really hit me near the end when I was racing to catch up.  This year, I knew exactly what I was getting into, and I had some moments where I was almost to the point of hyperventilating (not literally, but it sure felt like it at times).  After having done over 2k words so far on this first day of NaNo, I'm reminded that I'm not writing 50k words overnight.  These research papers I have to write are not due until the beginning of December, and therefore I'm not going to write them overnight, either (7-10 pages is a little much for a "night before" paper).  This Shakespeare paper I have due in eleven days isn't going to get done overnight, either.  In fact, since I'll be at a wedding the weekend before it's due, I'm already brainstorming ideas to try and get it done this weekend, or into next week if I have to.  Then I'll start working on my research presentation for one of my papers, which will then become the outline for that paper.  These huge projects don't get done all at once.  They're broken down into little bite-size pieces so people don't spontaneously combust.  I will survive this month.  I WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment