Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Celtic Knot Wire Bracelet

I thought I'd post some pictures of my attempts so far at the Celtic Knot Bracelet in the book Wire Wrapping.  You can find the link again here.  I was also experimenting with some different settings on my camera, and the different lighting conditions here, so bear with me!

Attempt #1



As you can see, the way I was trying to form the knots made them all irregular, which was especially noticeable with two different gauges and colors of wire.  I did this one during the hurricane when it didn't seem like there was anything else to do.  And I knew it would take me forever and a day to get it done.

Here's attempt #2:


I only posted one picture because I photographed in a hurry and not all of them turned out....but you can definitely see the difference.  It still took awhile to make (I was watching about a two hour movie if that's considered an accurate measure of time), but it looks much better.  I didn't have jump rings that were a thick enough gauge to support the knots, so I whipped some up using the same wire.  Definitely going to buy some already made, because these rings just look....well, like I did the myself and in this case that's not a good thing! 

I'm planning on getting some "nice" wire now so I can keep practicing and possibly put some in my shop.  I'm comparing prices right now, but if anyone knows a good supplier....?

No comments:

Post a Comment