Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday!!

I'm sitting here watching the Return of the King on TNT tonight, and even though it's a trimmed-down theatrical version, I'm reminded of how much I just love the dialogue, the music, everything.  I've been putting quotes up on Facebook and Twitter practically non-stop since I found it while flipping through channels.  I'll share the latest exchange I put on Facebook--definitely makes the Top 10.

Pippin:  I didn't think it would end this way.

Gandalf:  End?  No, the journey doesn't end here.  Death is just another path....one that we all must take.  The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass.  And then you see it.

Pippin:  What, Gandalf?  See what?

Gandalf:  White shores....and beyond.  A far green country, under a swift sunrise.

Pippin:  Well, that's not so bad.

Gandalf:  No.  No, it isn't.

There's so much dialogue in this movie that I love, but that's the only one I'll post for tonight.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment