Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crashing....

Quick update before I crash and burn tonight!

I decided a while back that I was going to try to make one of those braided bead bracelets in the last issue of Bead Style magazine.  Because I was going so nuts getting ready for the craft show, I didn't want to experiment with anything new, even though I went out and bought the beads I was going to use and maybe include one at my table.  Good thing I didn't. ;-)

I spent, quite literally, all day yesterday making that bracelet.  I started, oh, maybe between 11:30 and 12 noon, took a brief break for lunch, and finished the first prototype--let's call it a rough draft--around 4-ish, maybe?  I took it downstairs to try on my mom's wrist since it was too big for mine, and it was too big for hers too.

Luckily, shortening is easier than starting all over again, so I took beads off and ended up unbraiding and rebraiding--not that that's hard to do; it's just tedious.  Got it all done again and while it kind of fit my mom's wrist better, it was still a little on the too big side.  At that point, it was about 7 (we'd had dinner and I cleaned the kitchen, so it wasn't like I was beading nonstop all day), and I decided I was finished for the day before I curled up into a ball and had a meltdown.  It took two Harry Potter movies and about 30 minutes of another, if that's a better measurement of time for you. ;-)

So, I don't have any pictures yet and I don't think I will until I can get it to fit MY wrist just right.  I'm tearing up now just thinking of how long it's going to take this time. 

The amount of times I'm pressing the backspace button is usually a good indicator that it's time to get off, so happy Wednesday, only 2 days till the weekend! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment