Monday, March 26, 2012

Another Week Flown By

My plan to go see the Hunger Games this past Friday wasn't without its hiccups, but I ended up seeing it nonetheless.  Originally, I was going to go see it at 12:15 at the theater on Firetower Rd. The stupid ECU bus sat at one of the stops for literally 5 minutes.  This wouldn't have been a problem if there had actually been people getting on the bus, but no one was there!!  Then, I accidentally turned on to G-ville Blvd at about 12:13 and basically said, "screw it, I'll just go to the theater on this street." I knew there was another showing sometime pretty close after, and sure enough, I got there in plenty of time for the 12:45 showing.  I even had time to use the restroom, grab popcorn and a drink (which was also my lunch, btw), AND scout out a seat toward the front and in the middle. And those seats are awesomely cushiony.  The theater wasn't packed.  It was an awesome movie. Life was good.

Of course, I had to go steam burn my hand Saturday night on a popup bowl of popcorn that split past the plastic to where I couldn't see it.  Kept ice on it for awhile before I decided to go digging through the giant first-aid kit my mom bought me, where I found the perfect little wrap-around bandage for burns with a cooling pad on it <3.  Life was good.

And we're full circle back to Monday.  It's my group's last workshop tomorrow, and I am so nervous about this story.  I loved it until I re-read it and started cringing. I'm already editing.  I left out a word!  A whole word!  I know I'm not perfect and everybody makes mistakes and we're all only human; I just had to get that out of my system.

And now I have to get back to editing/commenting on stories and reading the stuff I'm supposed to be reading for tomorrow. Life is....on the positive side, if not "good."

No comments:

Post a Comment