Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And With A Broken Wing....

Yep, I've got a slight nondisplaced radial head fracture.  Translation: broken elbow (annoyingly so).  Last week was the Week of Papers.  And when we were running laps on the basketball court in gym class, I possess that innate ability to trip over flat, shiny surfaces (they must be shiny), and I still don't know how to fall correctly.  All I did at the time was scrape myself off the floor and get back to running.  I knew something was off, and I knew my wrist wasn't broken; I actually managed to do a couple pushups before realizing that it was a little more than just a major OUCH from the floor.  Took myself to Student Health Services after class, had it x-rayed, preliminary look saw nothing, but the radiologist found the fracture.  I have a sling that drives me nuts, and unfortunately, it doesn't hurt to type, so I still had to type two more papers :P.  I had intended to get back into the jewelry thing while on break, but I can't rotate my arm back and forth so that's out unless I can do a little stringing without too much pain. 

My brother likes to meddle with making things out of wood, and I've suggested that he start making things and selling them, like on Etsy.  He said he'd thought of it, but I think he's going to need a little push.  I've been thinking about trying to make some wood components, ever since I bought some through FusionBead from someone whose name escapes me.  They were very cute.  I think I'm going to nudge my brother into helping me attempt to make one or two tomorrow. I suggested opening a joint shop with jewelry & stuff made by the two of us, and splitting the profits.  I feel like I keep jumping from one thing to the next, though.  I guess I'm still trying to find my niche?  I don't know.  I also might break out the Shrinky Dinks and some colored pencils tomorrow, too.  Yeah.  I'm bored.  Getting a lot of reading done, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment