Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Enough Is Enough

After waking up today with the usual post-exercise fitness muscle soreness, I've finally decided that enough is enough.  I've signed up for SELF magazine's Drop 10 challenge on their website, even though my goal is for more than 10 pounds, but it pretty much helps you get to your goal, whatever it is.  Tracking the amount of food I'm eating, and I'm currently sitting here trying not to gorge myself on chips.  Because I can put away a bag.  They've also got these workouts that are really simple, but man, do they make you feel the burn.  I did....I think six or seven of the moves and burned over 100 calories in just under 15 minutes.  I don't have any barbells, but I do have a set of resistance bands, and those pretty much did the trick for the moves that used barbells.  FYI, did you know that just adding a resistance band/tube to squats (like standing on the bottom and holding the ends in your hands) can make the squats a little harder?  It's awesome.  With the food diary calorie tracker, I can even still squeeze in my guilty pleasure mocha frappuchino for the night. :)  I'm honestly going to try to keep this up, because right now I feel pretty awesome.  I didn't get any cardio in, which is the real fat burner, I guess, but it was too lateto get to the gym and back in time for class by the time I realized I hadn't done cardio.  I might see if I can get my Kinect to work in my room and get some in either now or after class.  Hmmm, now's good.  I'll be too lazy after class gets out tonight. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment