Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm Alive

Well, I managed to make it through the Day That Everything Was Due.  Of course, it took me nearly six hours (there was procrastination and general stalling in that somewhere) to finish one little paper.  The prof was very non-specific about this one....the only thing I knew he DIDN'T want was for us to mention "the American dream" or "freedom" or "the melting pot," which I wouldn't have done at any rate.  Seriously, for that topic, who would even think of bringing up something as cliche as "the American dream"?  It's kind of a joke now in this day and age, anyway.  Geez, just look at the economy.  Okay, I'm done.  As excruciatingly painful as it was to do the six pages of homework for my other linguistics class, I still got that done in about two hours tops, compared to the Paper of Doom.  And then I proceeded to read and edit the three stories we had this week, along with the model story.  I was kind of on fire.

I was also excited that my tax return finally deposited, so now I can buy my new iPod tomorrow!!  Ran out of time today, but homework was more important :).  I really want the white one.  I also have to remember to take a look at cases while I'm out, and buy trash bags and paper towels since no one else in this apartment seems capable.  Ahem.  I'd also like to try to make an iPod touch case out of bamboo.  I've seen them for the iPhone and iPad, but not for the iPod touch.... the obvious method for doing this would be to do all the cutting and stuff while the bamboo is still wet, 'cause once it dries....it's pretty darn indestructible.  I think my dad damaged a saw or something trying to cut bamboo that had dried.  It'll take some planning out.  Just an aside on bamboo:  seriously, it should replace hardwood flooring and stuff in general, because it grows REALLY fast.  Well, it's grass, of course it does, but it's really durable, and it saves trees. There's my mini-environmentalist rant for the year.  I'm having to double-read everything because of typos, so I'm gonna go ahead and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment